Croeso i Dosbarth Penguins and Seals!
Welcome to Class Penguins and Seals!
Welcome to Year One Team, our class teachers are Mrs Wescott, Mrs O'Brien and Mrs Winstanley. We are also joined by Miss Stitfall, Mrs Insole and Miss Hoskins
Keep checking back to see what fun things we have been doing!
Your children have been busily planning a party for Griff and Owen, What wonderful ideas they have had! We have planned our topic using these fabulous ideas for example, writing birthday cards, shopping lists, play dough birthday cakes, making party decorations etc
Watch this space, photos to follow soon
Gwybodaeth Bwysig! Important Information! September 2021
* Please login to Seesaw Families to find out important information about our class.
* All children have access to Seesaw, you can see all of the lovely things that your child is doing in class and will also find their new homework every Friday.
* P.E day for Penguins and Seals is a Wednesday, remember to wear your PE school t-shirt.
* Please remember to label all of your children's belongings in school.
Our 'Tools for Learning'
Griff has lots of tools in his toolbox to help us become better learners.
The welsh government target for attendance is 95%. Research demonstrates that there is a strong link between the amount of absence in a school and the qualifications that a pupil achieves. If a pupil misses 17 days of school or more a year, this often leads to a drop of a GSCE grade across all subjects.
Of pupils who miss between 10% and 20% of school, only 35% manage to achieve five A* to C GSCEs including English and mathematics. This compares to 73% of pupils with over 95% attendance achieving five A* to Cs including English and mathematics. (DfE July 2011)
Every lesson in school is vitally important. If your child misses school, they will find it difficult to catch up with the learning and as a result could fall behind and not achieve their full potential.
Helping Your Child Achieve
· The school doors open at 8:40, ready to begin learning at 8:50
· If your child arrives late, go to the main reception to report your child has arrived.
· Your child needs to attend school before or after a medical/dentist appointment
· If your child is ill and can’t attend school for whatever reason, then contact the school immediately
Please see Mrs Wescott or Mrs Winstanley if you need your login details for the above websites.